1. Have a Plan B – Mother Nature is full of surprises so make sure you have an indoor option available on your wedding day
2. Choose your cake wisely – If you choose a fondant wedding cake this will hold up better in the warm summer heat.
3. Select chair covers and cushions – This way your guests won’t sit down on a hot seat!
4. Bring along some sunscreen – Protect your guest with little SPF favours so they beat the heat and avoid a sunburn on your big day.
5. Select an appropriate wedding dress – Opt for light material as you will be outside all day.
6. Choose short Bridesmaids dresses – Don’t make your girls get too hot on your big day, pick dresses that have a higher hemline.
7. Hydration Station – Have lots of water available for your guests and be sure to serve a non alcoholic punch as well.
8. Pick a shady spot – If your venue doesn’t have much cover, consider hiring umbrellas or gazebos for the day.
9. Plan a late afternoon ceremony – Try to have your guests arrive a bit later into the day to avoid the warm midday sun.
10. Bring umbrellas – If you are heart is set on an outdoor wedding be sure to hire a few umbrellas to have on hand. You can always find pretty white umbrellas for the Bride and her Bridesmaids!